Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qliksense Extention Object

Hi can any help me on the below issue.

I have made some changes to existing extension object and saved it with a new name and I have made changes to .qext file as well. But when I place my both extension objects in extensions folder the customized object is not reflecting the changes it is working like the original one. Please let me know how to handle this.

Thank you

4 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

I take it you have changed the name of the (copied) qext file as well?? The qext file needs to have the same filename (before the ".qext") as the js file and be in the same directory.

If that is OK you might have a caching problem, specially in Qlik Sense desktop, which caches a lot. Try opening the app in the browser and turning caching off. I have written a small document about how to debug your extension (Troubleshooting your extension), which might help you.

Hope this helps

Erik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eric

Thanks a lot for the response.

Actually I haven't changed the name of .qext file. But inside the .qext file name of the extension object will be mentioned I have changed that name to a new name so that both the extension objects will be different. And I deployed both extension objects on server but the new one is getting effected by old one.

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Then thats the problem: you need to change the filename of the qext file. This filename is used as the id for the extension, the name inside the file is only displayed to the user.

Erik

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

you had changed the name inside the qext , its fine , it should reflect to the thumbnail of that extension in hub , is it reflecting or not ?

Try deploying only changed extension on server , instead of both ..

regards

Charlie