Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Deleting a data file.

I'm trying to delete a data file, but where I expected to see the trashcan it says the file was created by a script. How do I delete it?

11 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you elaborate and send us a screenshot you having issues with?

Not applicable
Author

I had a loaded file.  I wanted to load a new file with updated data. I thought I had deleted the first file and then I loaded the new file.  Now, I have two files and an automatic join. I just want to get rid of all the data. I looked in the data model viewer and don't see any way to delete the files.

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Jerry,

If I understand you correctly, you should help

DROP Table TABLENAME,

where TABLENAME is the name of the table that you see in Table Viewer and which you want to delete.

Regards,

Andrey

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Are you storing your files anywhere? I mean do you want to store the first file somewhere as QVD and load your second file. As Andrey mentioned you can use DROP command. But if you do not want the first file to be loaded, just comment or delete the whole script and just reload the LOAD script that has updated info.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Vishwarath. So far in my Qlik experience, I have built a very nice app by drag-and-drop. But I have not learned scripts. I don’t know where to put the DROP command. The first file is of no value. If I could clear out both files, then I would reload the good file. So I don’t know the internals (script) where they are or how they function. Jerry

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Are you working on Qlik or QlikSense? Can't view your jpg file attached. They are blank. Can you share a sample qvw file if it is Qlikview?

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Jerry,

this sounds like Qlik Sense?

Andy

Not applicable
Author

I’m working with Qlik Sense

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it is QLIK Sense