1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 25, 2017 2:08 PM by Jason Lyons RSS

Qlik ODBC Connector Package timeout SQL Server

Jason Lyons

I am having issues with using the Qlik ODBC Connector Package and SQL Server 2012.  We have one query which seems to take awhile to execute (it's a pretty complex view), and we are getting this error about 10% of the time the load script runs:

QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: ERROR [HYT00] [Qlik][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver]Timeout expired.

Now I did a bit of reading and it seems like this is a timeout setting that is set in the Qlik ODBC Connector Package by default.  I followed a few 'Answers' provided that involved adding additional properties to the Connector configuration, but none of them have worked.

I've also looked in the documentation of the Connector package for a list of supported properties, but there is nothing.  I have tried QueryTimeout, CommandTimeout, sql_attr_query_timeout, etc. and nothing works.

We have fallen back to using the Windows SQL Server ODBC driver, but it appears to be much slower when running load scripts.  What is most frustrating to me is the total lack of documentation of supported properties for Qlik ODBC Connector package!

• Re: Qlik ODBC Connector Package timeout SQL Server
          Jason Lyons

Further testing it appears the adding the property QueryTimeout of -1 seems to work (basically no timeout)... but adding QueryTimeout of 60 does not increase the timeout to 60.

Now it seems like bad practice to have a production environment where queries cannot timeout, so this is clearly not a solution.  Is it possible there is a bug in the ODBC implementation of the connector that causes it to not take into account QueryTimeout properties that aren't -1?