Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to Hide the Dev-Hub Link through the QMC.

Is there a way to hide the Dev-Hub Link from Hub through QMC security rules.

I read somewhere that we can control the link through customizing the JavaScript. But this will constrain the Dev-Hub access to all the Qlik Sense users.

I want to see that the Developers have access to the Dev-Hub and Users do not have access to the Dev-Hub.

- Syed

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See Re: Qlik Sense : Hiding dev hub

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See Re: Qlik Sense : Hiding dev hub

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Gysbert,

I already answered the link that you mentioned above. The Code customization fully constraints the link and is not flexible to show or hide the Dev-Hub link to selected Qlik Sense Users.

Henceforth, this is not a permanent solution and is a workaround that provides hiding the functionality to ALL users or exposing the functionality for ALL users.

Control from QMC would have resolved this issue with defined access, but apparently, there is no solution yet from the engineering team.

ecagriculture
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I agree with you, this is not a solution.

Already last year I asked support if there was solution for this. Maybe in the next releases was the reply...

I need to make a qlik sense (QAP) server available on the internet, open for everybody...

Whoever types "www.xxxxx.com/dev/hub" (I hide my real site for the moment), sees the complete development environment..., something we would like to prohibit by all means...

The only solution we have in mind is to put a proxy server in front of it but this seems to be an overkill for such a simple matter (and unfortunately the standard windows firewall does not allow url-filtering).

William