Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

AD Groups are not showing up as available to use in user access rules

I have 4 AD security groups that I want to use in my user access rules, but only three show up in the create rules dialog.  I have removed and re-added the group in AD, and run the sync task in Qlik after every change.  As far as I can see in AD, the groups are exactly alike.  Anyone see this type of thing before?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I feel, unless you assign that group to any of the user, you wont see that in the list.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Bill,

It is difficult to visualize what is happening. It will be helpful if you can share the screenshots of the same.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 12.52.15 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 12.52.49 PM.jpg

There is no Qlik Users group listed when setting up the user access rule, but that group does exist in Active Directory.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I feel, unless you assign that group to any of the user, you wont see that in the list.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That was it.  Thank you Kaushik.  I added a member and the group showed up.  Don't know why I didn't think of that.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Anytime.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

DavidR
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm having the same issue the only difference is this is an old AD group and it does have members in it. Any ideas why it is still not showing up in Qlik?