Version 16 and version 17 should be consider as 2 different products.
- does not have web interface, server and desktop client run as a separate programs
- does not support QlikSense!!!!
- moving from DEV to PROD is as simple as moving nsq and reports templates files to prod location.
- you create nsq files and you can move and access them
- web version - from web interface you trigger desktop client (NPrinting Designer) to build nPritnig reports. You are not able to start Designer without having a web server running!
- supports QlikSense
- is based on repository - currently does not support moving single reports between DEV and PROD. You can oly move WHOLE repository from DEV to PROD
- you can import nsq files from version 16 (not everything can be imported though), but "out of the box" in version 17 you do not have access to nsq files. NSQ files are ditched and replaced by repository.
Have a read here
Is there a way to export NPrinting v17 project including Ap, Connection, Tasks, Triggers, Templates and Reports from one server to another? This would be a migration from a Development Server to a Production Server both running v17.3 NPrinting.