3 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2017 7:22 AM by Patric Nordström RSS

in Geoanalytics Idevio Line Layer how to set up Drilldown

Vinay kumar Bangari

We are using Line Layer in Geo Analytics how can i set up drill down option. I will have order origin dimension ( Country  State & City  and Destination dimension ( country , State & City) and on the line it will show me order quantity. Now the question is initially when the app is opened the map should show country wise origin to destination countries lines where the order transaction took place. When i drill down into one of the country it should show me states. Please see below screen shot to explain more. If needed i can upload the qvf file. thanks for your help.

mto

• Re: in Geoanalytics Idevio Line Layer how to set up Drilldown
          Patric Nordström

Hi Vinay,

Yes, drill down with line layers can be done, it's little tricky since you need two have two dill down groups, one for the origin and one for the destination and build measures for start and end that depends on the drill down level.

Use calculated dimension as the the line layer, something like this "origin-dest", (I used count distinct since getcurrentfield is not present in sense):

=if(count(total distinct OriginCountry)>1, OriginCountry) &

if(count(total distinct OriginCountry)=1 and count(total distinct OriginAdm1Id)>1, OriginAdm1Id) &

if(count(total distinct OriginCountry)=1 and count(total distinct OriginAdm1Id)=1, OriginLocationCode)&

' - '&

if(count(total distinct DestinationCountry)>1, DestinationCountry) &

if(count(total distinct DestinationCountry)=1 and count(total distinct DestinationAdm1Id)>1, DestinationAdm1Id) &

if(count(total distinct DestinationCountry)=1 and count(total distinct DestinationAdm1Id)=1, DestinationLocationCode)

And then use measures for start and end like this:

if(count(total distinct OriginCountry)>1, OriginCountryCoordinates) &

if(count(total distinct OriginCountry)=1 and count(total distinct OriginAdm1Id)>1, OriginAdm1Coordinates) &

if(count(total distinct OriginCountry)=1 and count(total distinct OriginAdm1Id)=1, OriginLocationCoordinates)

Thanks,

Patric Nordström

Qlik