3 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2017 6:14 PM by Stefan Wühl RSS

How do I write a nested if then statement for count?

Ricky Scheiber

Currently I have a rather manual process to ultimately determine the count of a KPI under specific conditions, which works for only two fields (in this case, Master Retarget and Master Age Band):

count(distinct(if([Master Retarget]='Yes' AND [Master Age Band]='Due > 90 Days',[Master ID])))

+

count(distinct(if([Master Retarget]='Yes' AND [Master Age Band]='Due 31 - 60 Days',[Master ID])))

+

count(distinct(if([Master Retarget]='Yes' AND [Master Age Band]='Due 0 - 30 Days',[Master ID])))

+

count(distinct(if([Master Retarget]='Yes' AND [Master Age Band]='Due 61 - 90 Days',[Master ID])))

I want to add a third field [Issue Source] under which I only want the count for 'Regulation' and 'Testing' named items to appear in the final Count.

Ultimately what I want to state is "X number of 'Regulation' and 'Testing' Master IDs were 'Retargeted' and 'Due' at this point in time. "

• Re: How do I write a nested if then statement for count?
          Stefan Wühl

Why do you need to use several aggregations? Could it happen that a Master ID appears in more than one Master Age Band and you need to aggregate the distinct count of all the bands?

If not, I would assume that something like

=count(distinct

if([Master Retarget]='Yes' AND

Match([Master Age Band],'Due > 90 Days','Due 31 - 60 Days','Due 0 - 30 Days','Due 61 - 90 Days')

,[Master ID]))

could do the same?

And how does your data model look like?

You could consider using set analysis to filter your records set:

=Count(

{<[Master Retarget] = {'Yes'},

[Master Age Band] = {'Due > 90 Days','Due 31 - 60 Days','Due 0 - 30 Days','Due 61 - 90 Days'} >}

DISTINCT [Master ID])

If you need to add another condition, just add it like

=Count(

{<[Master Retarget] = {'Yes'},

[Master Age Band] = {'Due > 90 Days','Due 31 - 60 Days','Due 0 - 30 Days','Due 61 - 90 Days'},

[Issue Source] = {'Regulation','Testing'} >}

DISTINCT [Master ID])