Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

QS After Add the chart to Visualization Do you guy still need to keep the chart ?

Hi All

Recently i have try the extension from Climber Custom Report , I like to know after put the table to link to visualization , i can edit at visualization section. So i think it is no point to keep the table any more . Hope some one can confirm this with me.

Edit i notice that if i need to change the table title name , i need the source file. beside that i don't need to keep the file. Am i right ?

As i try to make my QS sheet not so messy.

Paul Yeo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michael_nordstr
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Paul,

Once you have created a master item there is no need to keep it in the layout. You can still edit it from the list of master items.

/Michael

View solution in original post

4 Replies
michael_nordstr
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Paul,

Once you have created a master item there is no need to keep it in the layout. You can still edit it from the list of master items.

/Michael

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Michael

By the way ,  when i edit from master items , i notice that there is no way to change the title. i mean the master items name cannot be change right ?

Paul Yeo

michael_nordstr
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Yes, you can change the name of the master item. Just look under Appearance>Master item details. The custom report will pick up the new name too.

/Michael

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Michael

Thank you very much , now i know that master items name can be change , that is very useful.

I am very addicted to your custom report. which i find it very useful for transaction report. it can have many dimension and expression.

After play with custom report make me fully understand how to using master field name and master table.  Hope one day can have customer report for chart instead of table report only.

One more question , it is possible to make the table text and number bold ? So that i can use LCD projector and people can visit it more clearly.

Paul Yeo