8 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2017 3:52 AM by Lech Miszkiewicz RSS

Publish task error on NewsStand

Kevin Chevrier

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with the publish task on Nprinting NewsStand.

Echec tache de publication.PNG

As you can see there is a yellow sign that means it hasn't work.

Have you ever faced an issue like that ? And what was the solution ?

My feeling is that doesn't work because of many levels on my template (I have levels of 53 companies and inside levels of the last 3 years).

When I just made a previous on NPrinting Designer it works for a user with filter on 2 or 3 companies. With more companies I have a message saying that it takes more that 10 minutes so I have to run a task.

Kevin

• Re: Publish task error on NewsStand
          Lech Miszkiewicz

Hi,

I have never came accross this issue - so i would start troubleshooting by distributting in to folder location instead of NewsStand and then observe:

• what happens when you generate this report to hard drive?
          • how big is the file?
          • can you open it?
          • is it produced properly?

let me know and we will take it from there

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

• Re: Publish task error on NewsStand
              Kevin Chevrier

Hi,

• what happens when you generate this report to hard drive?

I never try it

• how big is the file?

On the NewsStand it works for users until 254 pages (levels of 6 companies)

For the user without filter (53 companies) it doesn't work. I think it would be more than 2000 pages.

• can you open it?

For first users (levels of 6 companies), the report has been published after 1 hour 30 minutes. I can open the document on the newsStand.

For the user without filter, it still running with more than 160 GO RAM used during the process. It's about 19 hours that it's running because I let it all night. At the moment I can't open the document on the newsStand.

• is it produced properly?

I think so because it works for some users

Thank you

Kevin