3 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2017 11:35 AM by Enikö  Karlecz RSS

Pass Parameter into Qlik Function

Enikö  Karlecz

Hi,

I want to define an eExpression, with a Parameter to deciced the "rank'" - so if I want the 1st or 2nd or 3rd  - sorted value:

=FirstSortedValue(Field, SortWeight, $1)

The real expression is this, works ok if I use a number or nothing for the 3rd Param.

=FirstSortedValue( TOTAL   DIM1&';'&DIM2, 
      -Aggr(  

$(eZZZ) / $(eYYY_0) +
      $(eZZZ) / $(eYYY_1) +
      $(eZZZ) / $(eYYY_2)
                        , DIM1,  DIM2)  
           ,$1
           )

Thanks! Hope I can do this :-)

• Re: Pass Parameter into Qlik Function
          omar bensalem

Well you can add a variable maybe?

Let's call it : vParam :

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

As an expression :

=' number '&(vParam)& ' is : '&FirstSortedValue(id, -sales, $(vParam))

• Re: Pass Parameter into Qlik Function
            Enikö  Karlecz

I made it working, the issue was not with the Parameter but the eExpression definition:

=FirstSortedValue(TOTAL Field, SortWeight, $1) not OK,  if used in chart or textbox like: '$(FirstSortedExpr(2))'

=FirstSortedValue(TOTAL Field, SortWeight, 2)  OK if used in chart or textbox like: '$(FirstSortedExpr)'

FirstSortedValue(TOTAL Field, SortWeight, $1) OK,  if used in chart or textbox like: $(FirstSortedExpr(2))

So I assume it must be that in the above examples, the Expression was calculated 'in the background' (first) and its result delivered as a string.

In the 3rd, the Expression is only calculated in the front end object with the passed paramter.

Any feedback / affaimation on this would be appreciated...  Thanks!