Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Visualization problem, chart with dynamic reference line

Hi folks,

I've run into trouble while visualizing the planned hours vs. the capacity hours of different resources in a manufacturing site.

(This wasn't possible in Qlikview either but could be solved with two line-charts, one with the capacity line in the background and a transparent area-chart in the foreground with the planned hours per resource)

As dimension I have dates and resources, 2 dimensions makes only 1 measure possible which is the planned hours.  How to add the capacity as a reference line.

The reference functionality does not care about the dimensions so it cannot fluctuate with the dates.

I've made a very small app showing the problem.

ANYONE having any idea how one can display a line in an areachart or have another idea to visualize this?

2 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

One possibility is to concatenate your dimensions so you get only one. That makes it possible to have two measures:

Capture.PNG

Erik Wetterberg

andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your thought.

In the real case there are more resources and also I would like the chart to be displayed with projects as an alternate dimension to resources and then we talk about 20+ different dimension values which makes this workaround being less appealing.