5 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2017 1:06 AM by Vicio Giglio RSS

Qlik Sense Server: RAM usage

Vicio Giglio

I'm running Qlik Sense Server on a Windows R2016 Server with 256GB of RAM.

But it seems that Qik Server Services are not going over 30GB (12% usage).

There is some configuration to use all the RAM and get some performance increment?

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 16.36.26.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 16.40.06.png

Thanks

Vicio

• Re: Qlik Sense Server: RAM usage
          Barry Stevens

May seem like a silly question but are you loading data larger than 30GB? 

Vicio Giglio

Thanks.

Btw, I checked, and it's about 80GB.

And in fact,  it could be possible that with compression and encoding, the core data in the memory of Qlik Sense is just 30GB.

I accept your answer as correct because it just makes sense considering the RAM issue.

But I have 256 Core, 256GB of RAM, 20GB of network speed and in some Sheet, I still wait for a few seconds to rebuild the chart, after the selection.

I'm using  EC2 a m4.16xlarge, I'm still figuring out what is the best solution to speed up Qlik Sense Server.

I have a demo with my best client in a couple of hours and I could boost the server. 

What I could increase or optimize to get more speed. I'm on AWS so that I can change configuration with a restart (a few minutes).

Barry Stevens

Is this 'delay of a few seconds' seen on a browser running on the server or from an external machine connecting to the instance?

Vicio Giglio

From External machine or internal machine is the same.

I'm connecting with a 100Mbs fiber to the server.

I can see the loading icon spinning for a few seconds (5-20secs).

I noticed that is happening the first time, I enter a sheet. If I go back/forward and step back the is loading immediately (cache effect).  But if I close and re-open the browser, I can still see the effect of the cache: a page loaded before pops up quickly. So I assume that the cache is on server side.

Vicio Giglio

Hi barry.stevens,

On Saturday maintenance windows:

I made QSE swallow 500GB of raw data from RedShift.

QSE is using all the available RAM now.

It's impressive the efficiency of Qlik to squeeze data in RAM.

I noticed that with large dataset the waiting for Data loading is increasing. I clicked in Data Manager and more than 10 minutes to just get the tables list. I will study to optimize this, at least, I will open a new thread.

Thanks again.

Vicio