9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2017 5:17 AM by vivek sm RSS

Qliksense using batch file

vivek sm

Hello,

I have requirement that is the housekeeping requirement using qliksense and batch file script,the stored QVD's should be deleted

But the condition is shouldn't delete the last 2 months Monday qvd and last week 5 days(Mon-fri) qvds

Can you give me some solutions for this requirement

• Re: Qliksense using batch file
          Fernando Keuroglian

Hi vivek

The question is how to call a batch file or how will be the process in general?

You have to do is:

1) Create a qvf that load the qvd and all unless 2 months

2)Create a bat that call qvf 1)

3)when you want to call the bat created in 2)?? in another part of qvf in the script? in a specific period?

Please explain a little more to be easier to help you

Fernando K.

vivek sm

Hello all,

Using FORFILES i have achieved the requirement

ECHO

FORFILES -p %QLIKPATH% /M *.qvd /C "cmd /c  for /f %%i in ('powershell ^(Get-Date @fdate -f ddd^)') do if not %%i == Mon echo @file" /D -%DAYSAGO%      >> D:\log.txt 2>&1

Delete

FORFILES -p %QLIKPATH% /M *.qvd /C "cmd /c for /f %%i in ('powershell ^(Get-Date @fdate -f ddd^)') do if not %%i == Mon del @path " /D -%DAYSAGO%       >> D:\log.txt 2>&1

scott wang

Hi,

Could you tell me how to call a bat file In QlikSense ?I want to click something then trigger the bat file in QS.

Thanks

vivek sm

Hi,

LET vExeLine = 'B:\Qlik\Scripts\foldername\run.bat' ;

execute cmd /C $(vExeLine);

scott wang

Hi ,

this must execute in the script ?

My requirement is : in the sense hub interface ,I want to click a button and then trigger the bat , not  reload the script again.

Thanks

vivek sm

Hi,

Yes that should be executed in script, we can create a Trigger button in qliksense itseems,

so we should use in script or else we can write a extensions

scott wang

So if I want to pass variable to the bat file.The variable is my current selection? And other question:my script has many many lines,if I created a trigger to execute bat file by the script,then can I just execute the specified partial script? I not want to execute many many lines,need a lot of time.

在2017年10月13日 16:39:59, "vivek sm" <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com> 写道:

|

|

|

|

|

Qliksense using batch file

reply from vivek sm in New to Qlik Sense - View the full discussion

Hi,

Yes that should be executed in script, we can create a Trigger button in qliksense itseems,

so we should use in script or else we can write a extensions

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Qlik Community

Start a new discussion in New to Qlik Sense by email or at Qlik Community

Following Qliksense using batch file in these streams: Inbox

|

|

© 1993-2016 QlikTech International AB | Copyright & Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Use | Software EULA