D              1500        C

E              1100        N

F              3500        C

E              1500        C

G              1400        N

H              600          C

H              900          N

G             1200         C

Now I would like to create a Calculated dimension to use in a Pie chart. The Pie chart should have the Dimensions as 'C' and 'N Top 80%'. To further break it down, I'd like to show the % of Sales coming under the Type C and % of Sales coming under the Top 80%(Pareto) Vendors in Type N. Can you please help me create a calculated dimension to achieve this? TIA!

• Re: Create a Calculated Pareto Dimension for a Pie Chart
          Sunny Talwar

Can you put down the result you expect to see from this data in a tabular form for us to understand your requirement?

Phalgun Parvathaneni

Sure. Now what I'd like for the Pie chart to have is two partitions: Sales under Type 'C' and Sales coming from Top 80% Vendors in Type N. If we perform a Pareto analysis on the above dataset within Type N, we can see that the Vendors 'A','B' and 'D' fall into the Top 80% category. So the result should display as follows: 9200 Under Top 80% Type N

Vendor Split: A:1700(1400+300),

B:4300(2100+2200),

D:3200) and 

15000 under Type C:

(Vendor Split:A:1300,

B:2000,

C:3400(2500+900),

D:1500,

E:1500,

F:3500,

G:1200,

H:600).

Sunny Talwar

Something like this?

Capture.PNG

Dimension

=ValueList(1, 2)

Expression

Pick(ValueList(1, 2),

Sum(Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))<=0.8, Sum({<Type = {'N'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}>} Sales),Desc)))),

Sum({<Type = {'C'}>}Sales))

Phalgun Parvathaneni

As usual you are correct! Could you please explain a little bit about the expression and the ValueList function or give the relevant links? Much much appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Phalgun Parvathaneni

Sorry for the trouble but let's say there's another field for the data as follows:

Vendor       Sales    Type    Type1

A              1300        C           M

B              2200        N           S

A              1400        N           M

B              2100        N           M

C              2500        C           S

A              300          N           M

C              900          C           M

D              3200        N           M

B              2000        C           S

D              1500        C           S

E              1100        N           S

F              3500        C           M

E              1500        C          M

G              1400        N          S

H              600          C         M

H              900          N         S

G             1200         C         M

Now I'd like to display the same pie chart above for the Sales of in Bottom 20% Pareto of Type1='M'. How should I modify the above expression?

Sunny Talwar

How can you have two fields with Type1 header?

Phalgun Parvathaneni

My bad! I've made the correction.Thanks!

Sunny Talwar

So this would be the third pie?

Phalgun Parvathaneni

No. I would like to display the same pie chart but this time only for the data which comes under Bottom 20% Pareto in Type1='M'. Thanks!

Sunny Talwar

Would you be able to provide the expected output just like you did the last time.

Phalgun Parvathaneni

1.I'd like to perform a Pareto analysis on the above dataset with Type1='M'. So the data set reduces to:

Vendor       Sales    Type    Type1

A              1300        C           M

A              1400        N           M

B              2100        N           M

A              300          N           M

D              3200        N           M

F              3500        C           M

If you perform Pareto analysis on this data set, you'll see that Vendors C,E,G and H fall under the Bottom 20% Category. So, our data set now will be:

Now on this data set I'd like to show the above mentioned pie chart with split according to 'C' or 'Top 80% N' In this case, it should display 100% Under 'C'.

Sunny Talwar

Something like this

Pick(ValueList(1, 2),

Sum(Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(

Sum({<Vendor = {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/

Sum({<Vendor = {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales), 0,RowNo())) <= 0.8,

Sum({<Vendor = {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)),

(Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor= {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc)))),

Sum({<Vendor = {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}, Type = {'C'}, Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales))

Phalgun Parvathaneni

Whoa! That looks so complicated! But it works I guess! Thanks a lot again! It's going to take a while for me to figure out how this expression works I guess! Thanks a lot Sunny! I have learnt something new and really useful again!

Sunny Talwar

I guess breaking it down might help...where I have repeated this set analysis multiple times

{<Vendor = {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}, Type = {'C'}, Type1 = {'M'}>}

and the important part was that you only wanted vendors which were bottom 20% in Type1, which is this part

Vendor = {"=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))) > 0"}

To see how this behave, create a table with Vendor as dimension and this expression

=Aggr(If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales),0,RowNo()))>0.8, Sum({<Type1 = {'M'}>}Sales)), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc)))

You will only see C,E,H,G have value greater than 0.