I have used your option 1, you are on the right path.
Below are some points that helped me with method 1:
- Acquire a 'service' account credential from you ServiceNow admin. This credential should have access to all data.
- Use this credential to configure the REST connector(s).
- I created multiple connectors for what entities I wanted in my data model.
- I then created scripts in the Data Load Editor (DLE)
- Created some visualizations around the data model
This worked well for me. Let the REST connector(s) do the work, they are powerful. Just data preview and see what it did for you. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the useful information. Do you have any information regarding what pagination type ServiceNow uses?
Which pagination type do you use for more results to return? Any tips for setting this up would be greatly appreciated.