Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Perform my .qvw

Hi

I have a hard work to do, i need improve my .qvw files, decrease them ,remove the synthetic key, among other things

One thing i realized , and i don't know how to resolve is synthetic key...Some table are linked a other by two field, and if i dont make a left/right join a synthetic key is created.

I dont wanna do left join because It takes too long to update, and concatenate make a synthetic key....

Anyone can tell me how i can remove synthetic key without get worse my code?

Some good pratic...

I have a lot .qvw to analyze,  And I know that there's a way I can reduce a lot of processing and memory...

3 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

I suggest you to read relevant information here on link table. Didn't understand how concatenation is causing synthetic key. It would be great if you can share your data model. See some links for your reference

Re: What is link table?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Removing synthetic keys is often easy to accomplish. The easiest solution is to create composite keys by concatenating all key fields into a single new field (please do use a separator character like '-' or '|' between field values) and either renaming or removing the original fields altogether.

That last action may pose a problem, as keys linking multiple fact tables may be easy to create, but many times none of the fact tables contain all key values and their related information. A solution for this could be to concatenate fact tables together, or create a Link Table with all composite key field values, and a few dimension tables that contain the corresponding details.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Here you can see the most liked discussion on Synthetic key issues Should We Stop Worrying and Love the Synthetic Key?

-Siva