2 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2017 5:57 AM by sonygot g RSS

Large data insert and update

Anjali Ahlawat

Hi All,

I am working on one account where data is large.The task scheduled to pull data for the module is also for every 10 mins.

Also, Whenever I have to pull older records I have to divide the intervals so that I will not get the error "Field length:100494 exceeds maximum limit of 65535.[10232]" and it takes a lot of time to fetch data even for a month or some days.

I am using the attached qvw for pulling the same (for reference).

• Also,I use the following script for incremental load:

===========================================================================================

MaxModifiedDate:

LOAD

Timestamp(max(sys_updated_on),'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss') as Max_ModifiedDateTime   

FROM

[..\Raw Data\Incident.qvd]

(qvd);

LET vMaxModifiedDate= peek('Max_ModifiedDateTime');

INCREMENTAL:

SQL SELECT *

FROM "SCHEMA".OAUSER."incident" where sys_updated_on >='$(vMaxModifiedDate)';

Concatenate

LOAD  *

FROM

[..\Raw Data\Incident.qvd]

(qvd) where not exists(number);

Store INCREMENTAL into [..\Raw Data\Incident.qvd](qvd);

==================================================================================================

I have 2 requirements:

First:

Many a times ,I see the task failed error even after pulling for 10 mins because of the field length exceed error.

Can anybody tell me if there is any way I can merge the logic of data pull(as in attached qvw) in the script written above to avoid field length exceed error?

Second:

Is there any script that I can use for insertion and updation of records while merging new QVD with older QVD as mine shows running for a long time?

Please suggest.

Hope you understand what I am looking for?

Thanks in advance.