1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 30, 2017 11:46 AM by Hammond Mason RSS

QlikView JavaScript API - Set Field to Listbox

Florian Salfenmoser

Hello everybody,

I´m trying to set - or change - a field/dimension to a listbox via the QlikView JavaScript API.

I can get it to work for a TableChart with:

tableChartObj.Layout.SetProperty("Chart.Dimension." + d + ".Field", "MyDimension", true);

(d starts from 0 to x and is the number/order of this dimension)

Qlik gives the following possibilities for Dimensions to use with the SetProperty()-Function:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/12.1/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/extensions-properties-dimensions.htm

But the documentation is bad as usual, so a lot of stuff is missing or wrong

e.g. you can set the Label of an Expression via

tableChartObj.Layout.SetProperty("Chart.Expression." + e + ".0.Label", "MyLabel" , true);

which isn´t even documented in the help.

I assume that even "Chart.Dimension." is wrong, because a Listbox is not a chart-object - at least in the VBScript API -.

I tried several things like:

listbox.Layout.SetProperty("Chart.General." + 0 + ".Field", "MyDimension", true);
      listbox.Layout.SetProperty("Field", "MyDimension", true);
      listbox.Layout.SetProperty("Chart.Field", "MyDimension", true);
      listbox.Layout.SetProperty("Chart.0.Field", "MyDimension", true);

but nothing worked so far.

Has anybody an idea or did this before?

Thanks in Advance.

Best regards

Florian

• Re: QlikView JavaScript API - Set Field to Listbox
          Hammond Mason

Hi Florian.

I appreciate it's been over a month since you posted, but I've only just started developing with QlikView Extensions and I've just come to this Forum.

If I understand you, you're looking for a way to set the selection in a ListBox from within the Extension.  If this is correct, then I have done this using the following code:

(function(myName) {

mkr.on('click', function() {  

_this.Data.SelectTextsInColumn(0, true, myName);

});

}(name));

The key here is the SelectTextsInColumn function of the Data object.  The full Extension code is available from my GitHub repo. So you can see it work in practice.