You are right. Here is the solution that we got from our Qlik Partner:
- Stop the QlikView Management Service service
- Navigate to the configuration file for the QMS, by default located in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config
- Take a backup copy of the .config file
- Locate the value:
<!-- Possibility to make Reload Engines visible under Setup/System Distribution services -->
<add key="ShowReloadEngines" value="false"/>
- Change the value from "false" to "true"
- Save the file in its original location
- Start the QlikView Management Service service again
- In the QMC, navigate to System - Setup - Distribution Services
- Locate the "ReloadEngine@SERVERNAME" reference (the engine that shouldn’t exist) and delete it – red cross and apply.
The last step was not as obvious as it sounded to me, the troublesome ReloadEngine will not be listed under 'Distribution Services' on the left hand side, but if you left click on 'Distribution Services' then it will appear on the right hand side.