cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense NPrinting 17.3 Training

Where should I go to find training content and/or classes for NPrinting 17.3 for Qlik Sense?  I've done a lot of searching on Qlik's site and on YouTube, but what little I've found is very minimal, or done blazingly fast.  I'd like to find some kind of in-depth NPrinting training so that I can start using the software.

Thanks!
Steve

8 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

As it's a new product the documentation is sparse although they've just released some documents on bennchmarking which was useful.

I've found in some cases the old .16 documents can be reused.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you talking about product configuration or report development?

In regards to configuration and setup Help document is all what you need.

In regards to report development you can use NPrinting 16 materials and videos.

QlikView Resource Library

As most of development is based on your MsOffice or HTML skills you dont need any special NPrinitng training.

I would say that the only template which would need additional materials is PixelPerfect as it only covers briefly main topics.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Lech.  I was trying to find materials on report development.  Since we're using NPrinting via Qlik Sense, I wasn't sure whether NPrinting training related to QlikView was relevant.  Also, based on the initial NPrinting interface I've seen, I can't figure out how you're supposed to know what object is what when all you can see are object IDs, and not, say, icons or something.

Steve

kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Steve,

You can contact me for the Nprinting training with Qliksense,I am providing online/classroom training of the same with Qliksense,

for more details,send your query details on following email address:

kakaderanjit53@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards,

RANJIT KAKADE

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In Qlik sense give a titles to all your objects you need in NPrinitng. Those titles will appear then next to your IDs once you refresh metadata.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I understand that titles show up in NPrinting, but there are still two problems:

1. Unless the title is very descriptive, there's still confusion about which object is what.

2. I don't need or want to give every single object in every app a title - and even for ones with titles, I don't want to have to create a highly descriptive title just for NPrinting purposes.

It just seems like the best option would be to provide icon pictures of the objects within NPrinting, so we could visually see what was available and easily drop it into our templates.  Until they do that, I just don't see how NPrinting is something we'll be using much.

Steve

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I've always been told to keep my NPrinting Qlik apps seperate of my main apps for performance reasons this should.

1. Reduce the number of chart objects you have available to your NPriniting report so easier to manage.

2. Your report will publish quicker as you limit the app size.

3. Just because you include a title in the chart you dont need to show it you have the option to hide it in apperance and just use it for your reference.

I agree they could make it easier to see the chart objects in desgin mode but persevere with it as the reports generated can be a real value add to your existing investment in Qlik.  Hope this helps.

Andy

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

100 % agree with Andy!

here is why: https://community.qlik.com/thread/260840?q=qvw%20size

Also with NPrinting 17.4 (or new version to be released in June) we will get some hints/icons representing objects

Download the Technical Preview

cheers

Lech