9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2017 12:11 PM by Dmitri Ryssev RSS

Qlik Sense Cloud Business - Question on purchasing

Len Harvey

Hello

I work at a small company looking at possibly implementing Qlik Sense Cloud Business.

I have 2-5 people who will be creating content to be shared with the rest of the business and about 50 people needing to consume the content (no modifications, just slice and dice / interrogate the apps / data we provide

I've gotten a little confused reading the help documents about members / seats / followers / streams / work groups etc.

Ideally I'd pay the $25 x (2-5) a month for the creators and then the other 50 people who just need to consume the data would be free?

Could someone take a second to try and explain the most financially beneficial way of achieving this setup?

Thank you in advance.

Len

• Re: Qlik Sense Cloud Business - Question on purchasing
          Robert Hutchings

Hi Len

It depends on the size of the App

Free can be shared with 5 users with a 25MB per App size limited. One stream only = free

Cloud plus. $20 per month . Unlimited sharing. 50MB per App size limited. One stream only. =$20US per month

Cloud business $25 per month for all users. App size limit 150MB. 3 additional streams = 4 in total = $1250 per month for 50 users ( think this includes VAT etc)

Apps are allocated to streams. All users can see all the Apps in the one (or more) stream(s) they are allocated to.

So if you have a smallish App and don't mind the hassle of uploading and sharing etc it's cheap. Or you could use both cloud business and cloud plus combined. NB Every cloud business user also get a free private version. so if price is an issue then its possible to do a lot without spending too much.

Dmitri Ryssev

Hi Len!

With Qlik Sense Cloud Business, every user that you share with needs to have a seat allocated to them. If I purchase 10 seats of Cloud Business, I can make 3 of those users "editors", 6 as "viewers" and 1 seat for myself -- I would be paying $250 per month.

I hope this provides some clarification -- let me know if you have any questions on the matter -- you can reach me directly at dmitri.ryssev@qlik.com

Cheers!

Dmitri Ryssev

Qlik Cloud

Len Harvey

I'm still confused then. I found this article: http://global.qlik.com/no/blog/posts/james-fisher/introducing-qlik-sense-cloud-plus that suggests I can share my app with unlimited free users?

Dmitri Ryssev

Hi Len,

Yes, Qlik Sense Cloud Plus will allow you to share with unlimited users @ $20/month. However, you will not have the ability to collaborate on the content itself -- that is a feature specific to Qlik Sense Cloud Business (a shared workspace where you can co-develop dashboards before publishing to the audience). In addition, Qlik Sense Cloud Business allows for 3 group streams vs. 1 in Cloud Plus, allowing for segmentation of your audience into distinct groups with distinct views of the data.

Hopefully this makes sense, check out the Product Guide on this page which should give some more insight into the differences between the 3 solutions.

All the best,

Dmitri Ryssev

Qlik Cloud

Len Harvey

Can I have unlimited shares on the Business one too then? So I pay for 2 Business versions and then I can collaborate and also have unlimited shares?

Dmitri Ryssev

I'm afraid not -- when you purchase a Qlik Sense Cloud Business "subscription", you purchase seats tied to that subscription. A seat can be assigned to either an "editor" or a "viewer", but the price is the same -- $25/user/month. There are other features specific to Cloud Business that are not apparent in Plus as well, including data connectivity to SalesForce, REST, Google Analytics, and more; along with scheduled data reloads, larger app size limitations, and the greater governance capabilities I spoke about previously.

Hope this sheds some light on the product differences.

Cheers,

Dmitri Ryssev

Qlik Cloud

Len Harvey

So I can use Qlik Sense Cloud Plus @ $20/month and have unlimited shares or I can play $25/month and get auto data refreshes? ( I don't need REST / SalesForce ).

My main focus is on 50ish users being able to view the app, I don't particularly need collaboration on the app itself as both devs sit opposite each other. But I also want automatic refreshing of a simple SQL database connection.

Seem's a shame that there can't be some middle ground here where I can get auto data refreshing to a simple SQL connection and unlimited sharing ( even if it wasn't free sharing but where I paid a minimal cost for people to view apps ).

Robert Hutchings

Hi Len

The pricing for Sense cloud is great as it is.

$20 per month is an outstanding offer. Unlimited sharing up to 50MB. And using the free private edition to refresh an App and 10 or so minutes to upload etc is not a huge issue.

If you want automatic refreshing it will cost more. But not a fortune. 25 * 50 = 1000 per month before VAT I think = $12,000 + VAT per year for 50 users. For me its a great price still. Companies will likely mix both options depending on circumstances. But note the direct cloud links to data sources is a bit limited still

Dmitri Ryssev

Hi Len,

Thank you for your feedback on our product offerings, it is always great to hear these thoughts from our users. I have passed your note directly to our Cloud Product team so that they hear this.

It sounds to me like Cloud Plus is the best bet for your use case. You can connect directly to your SQL Database using Qlik Sense Desktop and then upload to Qlik Cloud each time you want to update to the latest data (as Robert described above). Automated refreshes are specific to Cloud Business or our Enterprise edition.

Please also note that while data connectivity is currently limited, our Product team is working hard to change that. A native connector for SQL Server will be coming out shortly for Qlik Sense Cloud Business which will allow for a direct pull + scheduled data refreshes.

I hope this discussion was useful and you now have a clear distinction of our product offerings. Feel free to PM me for any further questions you may have.

Cheers!

Dmitri Ryssev

Qlik Cloud