Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Quarantine Date on new CALS

Hi All,

I just assigned 2 new CALS to users on our system late last week and they are appearing with a Quarantine Date which is seven days from when they last accessed, could someone help out and explain exactly what the Quarantine does as I just assigned these CALS.

I am also very new to Qlik, so apologies if it's something really trivial.

Any help on this would be great thanks.

Regards

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

The licenses that were dynamically assigned will be removed if not used for 24 hours and they will go on 7 days quarantine (assuming version 12). I. e. the licenses cannot be reassigned until the quarantine period has expired.

When you assign the licenses manually, they it do not expire and hence will not go in quarantine.

I hope that helps.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The quarantine periode is the period during which a CAL that is due to be released to the pool of free CALs cannot be used. If the CAL is not used during that period, it can be freed and be reassigned to another user, according to the limitations specified in the license agreement.

For all QlikView server versions up to 11.20SR15 and 12.00SR5, this quarantine period is 24 hours.

For all QlikView server versions from 11.20SR16 and 12.10IR onwards, this quarantine period is 7 days ( ! )

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ricardo, thanks for the reply

I have actually applied these manually and they still appear to have a quarantine date, don't know how that's happening, will the users lose the access to the system once the quarantine period is over?

Thanks for the help so far!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

Please take Peter's reply as it is more accurate than mine. Somehow I am currently able to remove my licenses without the quarantine period (I have done it today) but I remember the 24h quarantine (that particular environment was in v10 until recently).

In theory if they access the reports they should keep the licenses. Also there should be a blue icon that allows you to reactivate it (undelete) before the expiration. In last case you could remove the licenses and apply again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also, you can include the PgoAsXmlAlso=1 option in the init file and QlikView will generate XML versions of some PGO files, including the CalData.pgo file, so you can read the XML file or extract the data with xmllint.

that will give you a clearer idea of what is happening under the bonnet.