Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connect ODBC or OLEDB in the Qlik Sense Cloud

Hi All!

So, I would like to connect my SQL Server ODBC (On premisse) into Qlik Sens Cloud. Is it possible?

Tks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

You need the "Cloud Business" version to use a beta version to connect via ODBC to your SQL Server. Of course your database need to be visible over internet.

An alternative could be expose Data via REST server and use the REST connector.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Not yet. It's on the road map and should be coming sometime this year iirc.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Very bad

Tks!

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

If you really need to transfer data to Qlik Sense Cloud, you can first connect to your database through ODBC used Qlik Sense Desktop, and then data from Qlik Sense Desktop transfer to Qlik Sense Cloud. Just one extra step.

Regards,

Andrey

Not applicable
Author

But, How do I automate or schedule this process?

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I think that if still with the help of extensions for Qlik Sense you can still "conjure" with automatic loading of data, then loading into Qlik Sense Cloud for today will obviously only be manually. And this is logical. This waiting get functions Enterprice version at free versions of the program.

Not applicable
Author

Bad

This is a problem. Is there an alternative?

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I think that to buy Qlik Sense Enterprise or use a "specially trained boy / girl" for semi-automatic manually download.

Not applicable
Author

What is the available extension to automate the data load? Thanks!

Vincenzo_Esposito

You need the "Cloud Business" version to use a beta version to connect via ODBC to your SQL Server. Of course your database need to be visible over internet.

An alternative could be expose Data via REST server and use the REST connector.