Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

More Set Analysis, I think

I use Qlik Sense in a healthcare unit, providing analysis of trauma events.  We use KPIs in a number of areas - average or median time from admission to CT scan, for example.  I chart this using line charts: years on the X axis and hours on the Y axis.  The data is grouped by district health board (DHB).

I'd like to provide the same data, but instead of 5 DHBs I want to show an individual DHB's average plus an average for all five DHBs - so two lines on the chart; one will be coloured for the DHB, and the other grey for the average.  (I can do the colours.)

Can anybody tell me how to make an "all" group and one for the individual DHB?

Thanks for your advice!

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

attach is a simple example

that when you select one unit display the unit data and the total avg

hope it helps you

View solution in original post

6 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

attach is a simple example

that when you select one unit display the unit data and the total avg

hope it helps you

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Try this

Aggr() function

sunny_talwar

May be share some raw data if what lironbaram‌ has provided doesn't work for you. It tends to be easier to help if you have data to look at.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Liron,

That does the trick.  (I feel slightly dumb for not knowing that I could remove a grouping row to get the average for <All>, then show a single element of the group using a set expression.)

Even your code in Data Load Editor illustrates techniques I've read about but not used.  (Hopefully I wouldn't be expected to use them, as we simply look at lists and chart them.)

Again, thanks,

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Rohit,

That's a very useful article - I'll keep it available; it's given me some ideas for future analysis.

Regards,

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Sunny,

As I replied to Liron, exploring his data and method makes me feel slightly dumb!  I've spent a couple of days working on it in our environment and producing KPIs in the format we expected.

I'm not (yet) having success with line colouring; auto works as expected but in the original charts I gave each line a specific colour to achieve consistency.  For the moment I'm stuck with red and blue, but I won't give up!

Cheers,

Steve