Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattRai21
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Convert a QlikView file in a QlikSense App

Hi,

I have a QlikView file that I want to convert in a QlikSense app. I am using the converter wich is in the Dev Hub.

The QW file have Section Access and I know that this is a problem so I cancel the script part reguarding section access and I drag and drop my file into converter.

At this point there are two type of problem:

- on my pc the converter refuse the file with the error attached. (it concern the presence of section access even if I delete it)

- on my collegue's pc the converter create the app but when we open it Qlik Sense give us an error and the app doesn't work.

Anyone can help us?

We use the converter for other apps and all work quite good with no problem.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

1 Reply
mow
Employee
Employee

Hi Matteo,

As you stated there is no support for converting QVWs using Section Access with the Converter Tool.

Are you and your colleague running the same version of Sense? Otherwise that would explain why the behaviour differs, since in later versions the precense of Section Access is detected while converting the qvw file.

By removing Section Access from the qvw and reloading the data, it should be possible to convert.

If you still are having problems you can try to save the qvw without data as explained here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2017/Subsystems/Dev-Hub/Content/Howtos/dev-hub-troub...

Regards,

Mattias