Please give a check to the following help site page Requirements to connect to Qlik Sense ‒ Qlik NPrinting with the connection to Qlik Sense requirements.
I suppose you missed the following:
In the QMC, you must assign RootAdmin authorization to the Windows user that runs the Qlik NPrinting EngineWindows service.
I investigated a bit.
1) The error log you have could indicate that something went wrong with the TLS certificates installation. Please try to reinstall them and be sure to log into the Qlik NPrinting server with the same Windows domain user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine Service.
Install the TLS certificates by running QMCCertificateInstaller.exe as described in http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.3/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-sense-certificates.htm
2) Try also to do open the same Qlik Sense app without using Qlik NPrinting. Log into the Qlik NPrinting server with the Windows domain user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine server, run your preferred web browser and open the Qlik Sense app from the Qlik Sense Hub in the browser. Everything must go well in order to be able to create a connection from NPrinting to that Qlik Sense app otherwise you have to investigate this before to create the NPrinting connection.
I hope this helps.
I’m not sure which step actually resolved the issue, but this is what I did:
- Delete all the existing certificates on the NPrinting server
- Re-exported certificates from Qliksense
- Used the tool you mentioned previously to install the certificates (previously I had installed them manually, though they did say successful)
- Tried to reload the metadata again but it got stuck at generating (still an improvement!)
- Deleted the connection in Nprinting
- Restarted the Nprinting engine service
- Created a new connection in Nprinting
…..and it is now working!
Thanks for your help.
Great! I'm really happy that you resolved!
Sorry, in my previous post I forgot to mention that you need to restart the Qlik NPrinting services after you installed new certificates because the services read the certificates during the start-up. This should be write in the help page about certificates installation. So my suggestion for everybody who have issue with certificates is: read carefoully the help site page and follow it step by step.