10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2017 5:05 AM by Stefan Wühl RSS

IF(SUM())

Salamon Musayev

Hello,

I have a field called visitCount.  Using this field, I calculate sum of visit that client had ie  sum(visitCount).

I would like to create a flag, that would allow me to select client that had more that 6 visits.

I have been trying to  --         if(sum(visitCount) > 6, 'y', 'n') but it has not worked.

Can anyone suggest an alternative method of tackling this issue.

Thank you,

• Re: IF(SUM())
          Sunny Talwar

Are you doing this in the script? Make sure you use Group by clause if you are doing this in the script

Salamon Musayev

not in the data load editor

Sunny Talwar

Then where?

Salamon Musayev

Each record under the visitCount has  a value of 1 for a visit.

I created a table with the following field

id| ClientName|  Start Year| Start Month| #ofVisits [which is  sum(visitCount)], Morethan6VisitFlag

1      AA               2017           2                  10                                                       y

2      AB               2017           3                   4                                                        n

3     AC               2017           3                    2                                                        n

Separately I would like to create a flag when there are more than 6 visits.

Hope this helps,

if there is another method to do it, then I would be glad to learn.

Thank you

kevin vargas

Hi Salamon Musayev, in this case if u mention that the fiel visitcount save number 1 for each visit i think the correct form for u solution would be this.

1. Do the load of Your table, for the fuield countvisit must be a count(), in order to count all the visits for each Clientname, for this the group by, and in the superior part of the table a precedent load giving it the codition for the flag.

TABLE_TEMP:

Load

if(VISITCOUNTER>6,'Y', 'N') AS FLAG;

LOAD

id,

ClientName,

"  Start Year",

"Start Month",

COUNT(visitcount) as VISITCOUNTER

FROM [table_source]

GROUP BY id, ClientName, "  Start Year", "Start Month";

I could undertand this, if I am wrong please let me know.