2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2018 10:10 AM by klayton Barros RSS

SAP Report Connector, some do not "Get" even Select Options work

Atsushi Saijo

I started experimenting SAP Report Connector, and some report do not get any result sets, regardless to the fact we get selection criteria when I click "Select Options".

For example, FS10N (ABAP=RFGLBALANCE) is an ALV report. When I click "Select Options", I get selection criteria. So I put BUKRS, GJAHR, SAKNR, CURTP, then press "GET", and nothing emerges.

Dev 04-Jul-17 1  82.00.jpg

Same goes for:

•S_ALR_87012168 (for customers) → ABAP = GP00O2TLW38DG25Y9RSS0R5L0ZX

•S_ALR_87012078 (for vendors) → ABAP =

Nothing happens.

Dev 04-Jul-17 1  41.39.shf.jpg

But trying the ABAP RFDOPO10 in the example in the manual, I get successful extraction into QVD.

Dev 04-Jul-17 1  61.57.jpg

So here is the question:

• Why there are some reports, that works, and others that does not work? What is the criteria to make it work?

I should highly apprecaite for your feedback in advance.

• Re: SAP Report Connector, some do not "Get" even Select Options work
          Tomas Sommergyll

Hi Atsushi,

I have reproduced the behavior you encounter.

Sometimes a report does not generate a spool file in SAP which is needed by the Report Connector and it cannot therefore present any table data. If pressing the "Get"-button in the main UI, an alert dialog will pop up and notify the user about the missing spool file. However, I noticed that entering the "Select Report Options"-dialog for the same report, there is no alert dialog in this case when pressing the "Get"-button there.

Unfortunately, there is currently no entry in the log file for this error message. Both issues will be rectified in a future release.

Update: Another reason you won't get a spool request is because of wrong user authority in SAP. Also, in some reports it is necessary to enter a variable value (in the Select Report Options-dialog).

Br,

Tomas

• Re: SAP Report Connector, some do not "Get" even Select Options work
            klayton Barros

Hi Atsushi,

What procedure is followed for the result of setting the report options to be displayed

Thanks in advance