Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buffer (Incremental) not recognizing new data

Hello there,

I have been trying to tame the Buffer statement for quite the while now and, either there is something I am missing or there is something not working quite as it should.

I will be using the case I am working with as an example to help illustrate my explanation:

I want to measure the scalability of my data loading script depending on the maximum data loaded per data origin.

For this purpose I make use of 3 variables:

[Start of the script]

Let vStart = Now();

Set vScaleStep = 100;

(...)

[data loading script]

(...)

[end of the script]

Let vEnd = Now();

Let vReloadTime = TIME(vEnd-vStart,'hh:mm:ss');

And use them as follows:

[Performance]:

Load

LoadDate,

NumRegisters,

ReloadTime

Inline [

LoadDate,NumRegisters,ReloadTime

$(vStart),$(vScaleStep),$(vReloadTime)

];

Thus storing the values in a table.

Now, I would like this table, Performance, to be increasingly larger with each reload, so I thought of making use of this Buffer (Incremental) thingy. The following script is my attempt:

[temp]:

Load

LoadDate,

NumRegisters,

ReloadTime

Inline [

LoadDate,NumRegisters,ReloadTime

$(vStart),$(vScaleStep),$(vReloadTime)

];

[Performance]:

Buffer (Incremental)

Load

LoadDate as Performance.LoadDate,

NumRegisters as Performance.NumRegisters,

ReloadTime as Performance.ReloadTime

Resident temp;

Drop Table temp;

I do it in two steps (using a temporary table with Resident) because, if the load statement used temp's inline expression, the load expression would be different every time and the qvd bufer would be replaced and never really used.

Now, what I am getting from this attempt of mine is a 1 line Performance table that never changes its content: the qvd buffer is not being appended new information with each reload, as I wished it to.

Why is the Qlik Sense not recognizing the new information coming from the resident table and just loading the buffer?

I was perfectly able to create a workaround, but I am annoyed by not being able to make this work as I wanted it to, having to resort to manually managing qvd files and resident loads...

0 Replies