1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 11, 2017 7:35 PM by Lech Miszkiewicz RSS

Time to Publish an NPrinting Powerpoint

Bobbi'Jean Milner

Hello! I had a quick question regarding the time it takes to publish an NPrinting report to the NewsStand. I published a report with filters and it took approximately 30 minutes to publish. I am working on publishing the same report without filters and it seems to be taking a very long time to publish. I was wondering if there was a specific reason for this or if it would be considered a server issue? Any thoughts on the time for publishing a report??? Thanks.

• Re: Time to Publish an NPrinting Powerpoint
          Lech Miszkiewicz

Hi 

There may be many reasons for it to take as much as 30 minutes

• size of your Qlik application - have a read on what i commented here:  QVW size limitations with NPrinting 17
            • how big is your app
              • how many columns in Fact table
              • how many rows?
              • are all of them necessary?
              • how are your expression build in Qlik - maybe you can optimize them?
              • do you have any data island tables in your data model?
          • the way you have build your PPT template
            • how many images it has?
            • does it have nested levels/pages?
            • does your report generate using recipient filters?
          • How your NPrinting / Qlik Setup looks like?
            • are you using Qlik Sense or Qlik View?
            • What is a RAM and CPU (how many cores / single threads you have available?)
            • nPrinting 17 - which exactly version are you using
            • are you having NPrinting installed on the same machine as your Qlik
            • are you using LOCAL or SERVER connection to your document
              • this may be a key point as local connection will use extremly big amount of resources if used with QlikView!!!

Answer above and we can chat further on this - there is a lot you can do - but you have to be very precise and make sure you perfect your Qlik app, Setup and NPrinting template - only then it will work fast.

cheers

Lech