Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aniruddhyadutta
Creator
Creator

Skill set required to work in sense api integration

Hi All,

I basically work in Qliksense for my clients(traditional BI skillset). So what I am observing there is an increased possibility to explore sense through mobile and web apps through sense API since clients are much interested in other mediums rather than traditional dashboard through access point or dev hub.

Recently I also came across a project where we can built qliksense bot which can interact with the dashboard data.

So I want suggestions on what skill set do I need to learn to work in these integrations with qliksense ?

Do I need to learn HTML,CSS,JS or any other scripting language like python on top of my qliksense/view skillset?

2 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

I would say that Javascript is good to know in most scenarios. Then it depends... If you are building extensions or mashups probably some HTML and CSS. In many cases you also use some library or framework like Bootstrap, D3, Angular etc. And it you are integrating into some environment you should know that.

In the longer perspective I think, and hope, we will move to more readymade components, available in the market.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

aniruddhyadutta
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your reply!!

But what exactly you meant by ready made components? Is it the qlik extensions you meant?

So do you think it will give us any value addition knowing the front end development (assumingit will be available as reday made solutions) as a BI consultant or rather we should devote ourselves  to the data modelling and other data science skills in coming times?