Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III

Historical Data available in the application / Data Backup

Hi,

I need a solution, to have data sets from different days loaded in the application and selectable for the user, like a data backup.

The target should be that the user can easily see the actual and past performance (historical data) of the past days / weeks.

My first idea was to write qvds with a timestamp and load with * all historical data. I guess this will work, but the problem is the data amount. Every day my application is about 10 MB big and the user should select multiple data status from at least 12-24 weeks (each day), which means 24*7*10MB=  a 1,6 GB application.

I am wondering, if somebody had the same task and maybe found a better solution.

I have attached my sample and curious about your answers.

Kind Regards,

Chris

3 Replies
chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Sunny Talwar, maybe you have an idea? Like most of the time .

marcus_sommer

Do you mean that you want to load redundant data because the forecast-results of two weeks ago could be different to the actual forecast-results or something similar? If yes and if the amounts of data are really huge you could reduce the amount of data if you only load the offsets of the data and not the full-data and to calculate the historical data from them.

But I'm not sure that this will be quite easy to develop - it's rather a worst-case scenario. Therefore I suggest you just load all your data (of course only the really needed fields and trying to optimize high cardinality fields: The Importance Of Being Distinct‌) and to look how big your application will be. Qlik stores data different to text-files or excel-files so that file-size won't increase rather linear like in your calculation else they will be probably much lesser because Qlik stored only distinct values and used bit-stuffed pointer to connect the symbol-tables and the data-tables: Symbol Tables and Bit-Stuffed Pointers - a deeper look behind the scenes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it run fast enough on this way.

- Marcus

chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI, thank you Marcus, yes that' the scenario I try to display. I will study your input and look if this is possible! I am happy that you help me.

Kind Regards,

Chris