Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kridtofebri
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Access Denied Open Document Using Lease License

Hi Everyone,

I have  some problem with open document (qvw) file. The user actually have a lease license, in qlikview desktop  but when open the document that was created by other, it can not open - access denied.

The step that i was done before: clear the license information first, go to setting - user preferences - license - clear license information,

and after that, lease license again, but it doesn't work properly, the document still can't open (access denied).

Do you have any solution ?

Please tell me how I need to do. Really appreciated prompt your help.

Cheers,

Kris

2 Replies
jaumecf23
Creator III
Creator III

Has the application section access? Because maybe is not a problem with the license and the problem is that the user is not included in the section access.

If this is not the case, check in the QMC that you have the option of Allow License lease enabled. Also if you have the disabled the option Allow dynamic CAL assignment, the user must be included with the correct domain.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Kris,

The 'access denied' error message is typically associated with Section Access. If the same user can open other QVW files not created by them, then Section Access is likely the issue. The user needs to be defined in the Section Access statement/table. See this video for further info on Section Access: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq4QzR9s7AA

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!