Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III

Variables with alternate states

Hi All,

I have (2) alternate states(Prod1(setup as inherited on all sheets) & Prod2). When I select a ProductName i want to fill a variable which is not happening. I'm getting nothing.  if i put the same expression in a list box  if(GetSelectedCount(ProductName,False(),'Prod1')>0, ProductName,'*') it works fine. This also happens with the other variables as well. Everything seemed to work fine before I created the alternate states. Any help would be appreciated.  

-Qlikview Version 12.0.20400.0 SR5

Pic1.PNG

2 Replies
Not applicable

There were some mentions about variables and alternate states in the latest release notes.  Not sure it solves your issue - but something to be aware of.  Looks like there have been some changes in that area with the 12.x branch.  I couldn't get variables working in the alternate states properly under 11.2.x (I could only use them reliably in the default state).

Regards,

Graeme

QlikView 12.10 SR7 includes only bug fixes. One behavior change between 11.20 and 12.x has been high-lighted regarding Alternate states and variables; In QV11.20 the variable was expanded in the first state encountered and this resulted in a random behavior when more than one alternate state was being used. Whereas in version 12 and up, the variable always belongs to a specific alternate state and this results in different behavior. Full details on the implications is described in a Support article, please contact Qlik Support if you need more information.

jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Graeme I appreciate the feedback.