Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

Qlik Sense User's activity log

Hi Team,

Do we have the log tracking User's activity (For example, add/remove/view application/object, and do not show IDs for example Key ID)?  Our customer is demanding this type of log/report.

Kind Regards

Lisa

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

bww‌ Operations Monitor shows which apps users accessed at an app level but does not show which sheets or charts were clicked or viewed.

However, Operations Monitor does show which objects a user imported (app import), modified, created, or removed in the QMC Change page. You will have to get familiar with that page as it contains several other activities like changing security rules.

The Solution Architect team in the US is working on a "Governance Dashboard" for Sense which will include more of this object-level clicking information. I think they are trying to get a more public version out in the next month or two. The work in progress can be found in GitHub here: GitHub - rvspt/QlikSenseGovernance: Project to help to better understand a Qlik Sense Site, focused ...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Have you had a look at the Operations Monitor App that comes by default? Might do what you want?

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

bww‌ Operations Monitor shows which apps users accessed at an app level but does not show which sheets or charts were clicked or viewed.

However, Operations Monitor does show which objects a user imported (app import), modified, created, or removed in the QMC Change page. You will have to get familiar with that page as it contains several other activities like changing security rules.

The Solution Architect team in the US is working on a "Governance Dashboard" for Sense which will include more of this object-level clicking information. I think they are trying to get a more public version out in the next month or two. The work in progress can be found in GitHub here: GitHub - rvspt/QlikSenseGovernance: Project to help to better understand a Qlik Sense Site, focused ...

Lisa_Sun
Support
Support
Author

HI Tyler,

Thank you for the information.  That is great news.  The customer's requirement on user activity log is reasonable.   But   it can impact the performance if they turn on this monitoring on large scope of apps.   Do you know if our Governance Dashboard will allow them to configure based on the apps, objects level?

Do you know anyone I can contact to get more information?

Really appreciate

Lisa

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Lisa_Sun
Support
Support
Author

Hi Tyler,

Sorry please ignore my previous message.  I just understood this Governance Dashboard is not our official product.  But it is very good example and information to share with the customer. 

Kind Regards

Lisa