21 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2017 7:20 AM by Sunny Talwar RSS

Set Analysis Combination

Cassandra Baqir

2 requirements:

Requirement 1: combine base expression with: Of those created within the last 6 months, how many touched PROCESS_STEP={'Submitted to Routing'} ?

Base expression to identify tickets created within the last 6 months:

=Count({$<PROCESS_STEP_START_DATE={">=$(=Date(addmonths(monthend(today()),-6),'MM/DD/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(addmonths(monthend(today()),0),'MM/DD/YYYY'))"},PROCESS_STEP={'Ticket Created (Detected)'}>} distinct DEFECT_ID)

Requirement 2: How many DEFECT_ID have a DEFECT_STATUS = Closed within the last 6 months but were created BEFORE 6 months ago?

Count({$<DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE={">=$(=Date(addmonths(monthend(today()),-6),'MM/DD/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(addmonths(monthend(today()),0),'MM/DD/YYYY'))"},DEFECT_STATUS={'Closed'}>} distinct DEFECT_ID)

TIA!

• Re: Set Analysis Combination
          Sunny Talwar

May be this for Req 1

='ERC - Routing: ' & Count({$<DEFECT_ID = p({<PROCESS_STEP_START_DATE={">=$(=Date(addmonths(monthend(today()),-6),'MM/DD/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(addmonths(monthend(today()),0),'MM/DD/YYYY'))"},PROCESS_STEP={'Submitted to Routing'}>}),

PROCESS_STEP_START_DATE={">=$(=Date(addmonths(monthend(today()),-6),'MM/DD/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(addmonths(monthend(today()),0),'MM/DD/YYYY'))"},PROCESS_STEP={'Ticket Created (Detected)'}>} distinct DEFECT_ID)

What is the expected output for Req 2?

Cassandra Baqir

I don't know what the expected output is... I will try to write a query against the database to figure it out.

Cassandra Baqir

I think the expected output is around 450 for req 2.

Cassandra Baqir

It turns out getting query uncovered that I was using a field with logic to only look at defects with status = Closed.

You helped me get the logic of defects created in the last 6 months using only the min start date for New status and this looks correct:

='Tickets Created: ' & Count({$<DEFECT_ID = {"=Min({<DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) >= AddMonths(Today(),-6) and Min({<DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) <= AddMonths(Today(), 0)"}, DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}>} DISTINCT DEFECT_ID)

Requirement 1: Of those created within the last 6 months, how many have passed through GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = ERC - Routing? Expected 282:

='ERC - Routing: ' & Count({$<DEFECT_ID = p({<GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE={'ERC - Routing'}>}),
                  DEFECT_ID = {"=Min({<DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) >= AddMonths(Today(),-6) and Min({<DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) <= AddMonths(Today(), 0)"}, DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}>} distinct DEFECT_ID)

Requirement 2: Of those created BEFORE the last 6 months, how many were closed within the last 6 months? I expect 454 here.

='Closed w/i 6 months; Created >6 months: ' & Count({$<DEFECT_ID =
                  p({<DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE={">=$(=Date(addmonths(monthend(today()),-6),'MM/DD/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(addmonths(monthend(today()),0),'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}, DEFECT_STATUS={'Closed'}>}),
                  DEFECT_ID = {"=Min({<DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) <= AddMonths(Today(),-6) and Min({<DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) <= AddMonths(Today(), 0)"},
                  DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}>} DISTINCT DEFECT_ID)

Sunny Talwar

For Req 1, I am getting 276

='ERC - Routing: ' & Count(

{1<GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = {'ERC - Routing'}, DEFECT_ID = {"=Min({1<DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = {'ERC - Routing'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) >= AddMonths(Today(),-6) and Min({1<DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = {'ERC - Routing'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) <= AddMonths(Today(), 0)"}>}

DISTINCT DEFECT_ID)

Capture.PNG

Attached chart will show you the list of DEFECT_IDs which are included in the 276 here.

Cassandra Baqir

Thanks - I think this is correct for Req 1 - my data is a little newer.

Sunny Talwar

For Req 2, I am getting 423

='Closed w/i 6 months; Created >6 months (expected 454): ' & Count({$<DEFECT_ID =

{"=Min({<DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) < AddMonths(Today(),-6) and Min({<DEFECT_STATUS={'Closed'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) >= AddMonths(Today(),-6)"}>} DISTINCT DEFECT_ID)

Capture.PNG

Cassandra Baqir

thank you!

Sunny Talwar

No problem at all

Cassandra Baqir

Ok, one more wrench. I need to be able to filter these text boxes by REQUEST_REGION and I think using 1 is preventing me from doing that. Is there any reason why it is needed because if I take it out, the numbers still look correct to me.

{1<GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = {'ERC - Routing'}, DEFECT_ID = {"=Min({1<DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = {'ERC - Routing'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) >= AddMonths(Today(),-6) and Min({1<DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = {'ERC - Routing'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) <= AddMonths(Today(), 0)"}>}

DISTINCT DEFECT_ID)

Sunny Talwar

Yes that is true, I don't know your data model well enough to understand which selections were causing your expression to not work... but if you can find those replace 1 with the specific fields like this

{<Field1, Field2, Field3,.....,GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = {'ERC - Routing'}, DEFECT_ID = {"=Min({<Field1, Field2, Field3,.....,DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = {'ERC - Routing'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) >= AddMonths(Today(),-6) and Min({<Field1, Field2, Field3,.....,DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = {'ERC - Routing'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) <= AddMonths(Today(), 0)"}>}

DISTINCT DEFECT_ID)

Alternatively, if you only want this one selection, you can do this

{1<REQUEST_REGION = p(REQUEST_REGION), GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = {'ERC - Routing'}, DEFECT_ID = {"=Min({1<REQUEST_REGION = p(REQUEST_REGION), DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = {'ERC - Routing'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) >= AddMonths(Today(),-6) and Min({1<REQUEST_REGION = p(REQUEST_REGION), DEFECT_STATUS={'New'}, GOV_PROCESS_QUEUE = {'ERC - Routing'}>}DEFECT_STATUS_START_DATE) <= AddMonths(Today(), 0)"}>}

DISTINCT DEFECT_ID)