cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting - Duplicate tasks / reports

Hey all,

Something we have been wondering is if there is a way to duplicate or copy tasks / reports to save time on setting all these up?

Thanks,

Russ

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Russ - the September 2017 release will include functionality to import/export reports. In this way, you will be able to export a report and import it back into the same environment, effectively creating a copy of that report. See this video for more details: Video Link : 5408

The first entity that we are supporting are reports. Tasks, filters, and others will become available in future releases.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Russ - the September 2017 release will include functionality to import/export reports. In this way, you will be able to export a report and import it back into the same environment, effectively creating a copy of that report. See this video for more details: Video Link : 5408

The first entity that we are supporting are reports. Tasks, filters, and others will become available in future releases.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Stephen,

I got the go-ahead to upgrade to the June release of NPrinting. Do you know where I can find all information for backing up our report, tasks, user settings, applications?

I hope the upgrade leaves all these as is.

Also, is there a step by step guide to installing the June release?

Do you have videos / tutorials on the release updates and changes that I can store for release information?

Thank you so much for your time Stephen!

I am looking forward to joining the newest version of NPrinting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

we are currently using Qlik NPrinting version 17.3.1.0

Stephen_Jasionowski

Russ -

Here are instructions on backup/restore: Backup and restore of a repository ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Note that you can only restore into the same version of the product. So if the installation of the new version fails for whatever reason, you can restore the repository into the prior version. All other settings and entities will remain the same following successful upgrade.

To upgrade, you should just install the 2 setup files in the order of: server, engine, designer. Additional information is here: Qlik NPrinting upgrade ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Here are videos pertaining to features and functionality in the June 2017 release: Qlik Help - YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So if the installation is successful, all reports, tasks, user settings, etc... will be in the new version?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also, 2 setup files? Wouldn't there be one for each - server, engine, and designer? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Should I touch base with another Qlik support person on the upgrade?

Thanks!

Stephen_Jasionowski

Yes, I meant three.

Stephen_Jasionowski

There shouldn't be a need. The setup files have been much improved over time.

Just make sure to backup the 17.3.1 repository in the event that you need to roll-back for any reason.