3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2017 2:52 AM by Louise Rossney RSS

Need help stopping the QlikSense repository database service as first step of 3.0 to June 2017 upgrade

Louise Rossney

Hi all,

I am running QlikSense server  V3 - one central node installation. I need to stop the QlikSense repository database service as the first step  to upgrade to June 2017 version (it is not a straightforward upgrade). Within the 'edit node' screen in the QMC, the service activation tick boxes are greyed and I cannot deselect the QlikSense repository database service - my mouse icon turns into a little red circle with a red line through it. I thought permissions might be the problem so I have tried to change my permission to include deployment permission but the system says I cant change my own permissions (even though I am root admin?)

Question(1) is this a permission problem? If so, do I just need to get the person that installed QlikSense originally to make me a deployment admin as well as a root and content admin?

Question(2) am I trying to stop the QlikSense repository database service from the wrong place?QMC-EDIT NODE SCREEN.png