Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

How to add users from local computer to Qlik site by using UDC June 2017

Hi Techies,

I have upgraded my Qlik Sense site  from 3.2.2 to June 2017. I had successfully taken the backup and restored it. Now what I notice , my old UDC connector not working and Local Network UDC option in create UDC is not available in latest version. Can you please help me to add users which are added into my local machine. Which connector option I should take and how to configure it.

Thanks in Advance!

4 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

In 3.2.3 and higher, including the June 2017 release, the Local UDC option has been removed. This does not prevent local users from logging into Qlik Sense nor the use of rules to automatically provide tokens / access. But in order for them to show up in the Users section, the user will need to login to the site first.

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Levi,

Thanks for your inputs. Yes manually one by one user will hit the hub and user details will be logged into USERS section.then we can assign token or or rules. but removing that UDC divert the process to manually rather than automatic which I was not expecting from Qlik.

Thanks Levi

KishoreSuri
Creator
Creator

Hi Sunny,

Currently we are using latest version i.e., June 2019 QlikSense and wants to import local users in this without logging hub with username and password everytime. 

Please suggest way to import users.

Thanks,

Kishore

Thanks,
Kishore S
zsbaksa
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sadly, I can not find any elegant solution for this. You need to login with your local user to the Qlik and after that you will see the user in the QMC -> Users page.