Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude field selections of a Master Dimension affecting certain charts

I have a Master Dimension called 'Category' which is made up of several columns of data. This is then used as a filter to select each category BUT there are some charts (KPI Charts) that should not be filtered by this selection. What I want to know is, How can I exclude these selections from my KPI Chart in my expression but keep all of the data?

Example:

Data has columns for Small, Medium and Large with a 1 or a 0 to indicate whether or not it belongs to that category.

Category Master Item has the following formula: =IF(Small= 1,'Small', IF(Medium = 1,'Medium',IF(Large = 1,'Large')))

When added to the Filter pane Category displays the options to select 'Small', 'Medium', 'Large'

I cannot reference the 'Category' Master Item in an expression so how do I omit these selections (but still include ALL data) from these fields?

2 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi

May be help use of Set Analysis expression in this charts? For example,

KPI: Sum({<Field1=, Field2=, ...>} ....)

Returns calculations for the current sample, the selection "Field1" and "Field2" is deleted.

mjtaft2017
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

If you want the chart to consider ALL data for your Measure (lets call it FieldX) and disregard the selection in the category field.  Try the following

sum({1<[Category]=>} FieldX)