You can do the same thing in Qlik Sense using a Web file connection, without the need to activate legacy mode.
In Qlik Sense 2.0:
1. Select Add data from the Menu (next to the Navigation button)
2. Select the Connect my data tab
3. Click Web file in the list of data source types
4. Enter the ftp address in URL, give it a Name and click the > button to continue
Now you should get into the Select data dialog to select fields, and then load.
As an alternative, if you use an old script, just create a Web file data connection in the Data load editor:
1. Select Create new connection, then Web file
2. Enter the ftp address in URL, give it a Name , for example FTP
3. Click Create
Now you have a Web file connection called FTP (your_user_name)
4. In the Load statement From part replace the FTP URL with [lib://FTP (your_user_name)]
FROM [lib://FTP (your_user_name)];
Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.