Sorry for the long post. We are running 17.4 NPrinting (June 2017) release with Qlikview Server/Desktop 12.10 (SR7) but experiencing lots of issues. Main issue - server fails and sometimes falls over, about every two days, so reports don't get generated and then a massive backlog of tasks/reports generates.
- QV Server - 2016 - 8 Core - 16GB RAM (QV 12.10 SR7)
- NPrinting Server - 2012 R2 - 8 Core - 8GB RAM (NPrinting Server 17.4)
- Apps - 4 Apps, file size between 1MB-2MB each (Broken up to ensure NPrinting has less issues) - reloaded on Qlikview schedule (10minutely - takes less than a minute to reload).
- NPrinting Connections - 4 Connections one to each App, all QVP Server connections
- Nprinting Reports - 14 Reports, single Pixel Perfect, no filters
- Nprinting Task - 1 Task, all 14 reports - output as PNG files only to a folder destination, scheduled to reload on a 5 minute (staged not to coincide with QV) schedule. Can drop this back to less frequently if required.
*This same server started life as NPrinting 17.1 server, and has been upgraded through all NPrinting versions.
Log files are growing - and iterating into the 10MB every few days - so we have 10 + files of Engine Logs and i found reference to the this- "When a file becomes too big to be easily managed, Qlik NPrinting creates a new file and adds a progressive integer suffix to the old file. So the file without suffix is the current file, and the files with suffixes are the previous files. Bigger suffix indicates older files. The files are not rotated on a daily basis; you have to manually delete old files to save disk space." Is this true, do we need to schedule a clean up task? Could it be that the server is falling over when it gets to the 11th file being 10MB and therefore not knowing how to handle the rename?
When I run the verification on the Cache Generation the apps it fails on the service account check - "The account used to run Qlik NPrinting Engine has access to QlikView Server" however i can confirm - services account running NPrinting - has QV license, is in Admin Group on QV and NPrinting server, also in the QV Admin Group on the QV Server. So why...? Cache regenerates successfully via task execution status /details.
The new Task Execution page (firstly i must say is AWESOME!) however, i seem to have issues, after a few hours of running there are about 100 tasks actively still "running" in various stages of % complete....
Occasionally we will get a "warning" in the task, but frequently the tasks complete successfully. The warnings are all similar they seem to throw something like this (although the objects warning seem to change):
Any help or guidance as to where to start troubleshooting this more is greatly appreciated!