Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laverdone
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense June 2017 hang on add data

On new install or Sense server June 2017 on win2012 r2 all work fine except when i need to add data, when click the wait page loop without end , any ideas? All in the web developer tools seen to wok fine. I tried to uninstall and reinstall bit the problem persist. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar problem here. I am having a fresh installation of Qlik Sense Enterprise Jun 2017 release for upgrade review. I did a side by side comparison with the releases Jun 2017 and 3.2 SR4, focusing on "Add Data" operation after read Gianluca's post. The two QS server are installed on separated machine with the same hardware resources. The following list some findings:

For initializing the Add date page

1a) Jun 2017 -  20+ sec

1b) 3.2 SR4 - show instantly

For initializing the MS SQL Server connection creation page (sample check)

2a) Jun 2017 -  20+ sec

2b) 3.2 SR4 - show instantly

For initializing the select data to load/add data page

3a) Jun 2017 -  20+ sec, sometimes the process is terminated and is needed to re-click the Create button for re-try

3b) 3.2 SR4 - show instantly

I tried to monitor Windows Task Manager during the above operations and the resources (CPU/Memory) maintain at a low level.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar problem here. I am having a fresh installation of Qlik Sense Enterprise Jun 2017 release for upgrade review. I did a side by side comparison with the releases Jun 2017 and 3.2 SR4, focusing on "Add Data" operation after read Gianluca's post. The two QS server are installed on separated machine with the same hardware resources. The following list some findings:

For initializing the Add date page

1a) Jun 2017 -  20+ sec

1b) 3.2 SR4 - show instantly

For initializing the MS SQL Server connection creation page (sample check)

2a) Jun 2017 -  20+ sec

2b) 3.2 SR4 - show instantly

For initializing the select data to load/add data page

3a) Jun 2017 -  20+ sec, sometimes the process is terminated and is needed to re-click the Create button for re-try

3b) 3.2 SR4 - show instantly

I tried to monitor Windows Task Manager during the above operations and the resources (CPU/Memory) maintain at a low level.

laverdone
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This is the image:

Errore Add Data.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

After configured the QS server to connect to the Internet, the Add Data page looping issue was gone.

The QS Server did not have Internet Connection and there was an alert of "No Internet connection detected. You must be connected to the Internet to use DataMarket".

Not sure if the problem of connecting to Qlik DataMarket caused the issue.

laverdone
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, I solved the problem by connecting the QS to the internet, later I removed the internet connection is the problem disappeared it seems that only the first connection is present the problem.

asahli
Contributor III
Contributor III

To resolve the problem:

First:  Stop all QS services on all nodes
Then:
Edit C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config
After:
Change (or add) the <runtime/> tag to reflect:
<runtime>

<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>

</runtime>