Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Map feature question

Hello,

After some time of trouble i have managed to load a KML file because i have seen that my map when i used the auto feature from Qliksense was missing several countries.

Now, i have another issue. My country names are in french and my KML file has the ISO2 code.

In order to link this i have come to the conclusion that i need to use almost 200 if statements to modify the french country names to the ISO2 code during  the script load.

I mean statements like this: if([COUNTRYREGIONID]= 'France', 'FR', [COUNTRYREGIONID] ) as [COUNTRYREGIONID],

This means that it is a crazy work to do and also that my script load will be too long.

Is there any other fastest way to perform this?

Best regards,

Lawrence

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Lawrence,

you can solve this problem in a lot more elegant way, using a MAPPING table. Create an Excel table with 200 countries and 200 pairs of values - the French country name and the ISO2 code.

Then, load the Excel Table using a MAPPING load:

Country_Map:

MAPPING LOAD

Country,

ISO2

FROM ...

;

Then, apply the map in the table where you have your French country names:

LOAD

Country,

ApplyMap('Country_Map', Country, 'N/A') as ISO2,

You can read more about MAPPING in the Help Section.

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills with my book QlikView Your Business: An Expert Guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Lawrence,

you can solve this problem in a lot more elegant way, using a MAPPING table. Create an Excel table with 200 countries and 200 pairs of values - the French country name and the ISO2 code.

Then, load the Excel Table using a MAPPING load:

Country_Map:

MAPPING LOAD

Country,

ISO2

FROM ...

;

Then, apply the map in the table where you have your French country names:

LOAD

Country,

ApplyMap('Country_Map', Country, 'N/A') as ISO2,

You can read more about MAPPING in the Help Section.

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills with my book QlikView Your Business: An Expert Guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

rivenbryan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, do you mind to elaborate? 

FROM .. what should i put insde? Sorry i am very new to Qliksense Programming Syntax.