Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II

Set session time out for a particular report in AccessPoint page

Hello Everyone,

When a report is opened in AccessPoint page and left unused for say, around 30 minutes, I see an error message (PFA). So every time when this happens, I need to refresh the page. Is it possible to remove such kind of time out for a particular report in QlikView?

Currently in QMC, session time out is set to as shown in the picture below. This property is applicable to all the documents that is in AccessPoint. 

QMC Setting.PNG

However for a particular report, I have left these options blank, to make sure to apply this document setting and not the server time out setting. But I don't think this is working as I still see that the report closes after a particular amount of time even after having this setting. I think the server setting is overriding the report setting (not sure though).

Document Setting.PNG

Any help on this?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The QMC Help explains that when both values are available (i.e. individual and global timeout settings), the lowest of the two will be used for a particular document. Since you try to increase the session timeout for a particular document by setting the local values to blank (which is equal to 0, meaning no limit) I don't think the QlikView server will cooperate unless you first set the global settings to blank (or 0), and start assigning std values to all documents for which you want the default 1800 seconds timeout to still apply.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The QMC Help explains that when both values are available (i.e. individual and global timeout settings), the lowest of the two will be used for a particular document. Since you try to increase the session timeout for a particular document by setting the local values to blank (which is equal to 0, meaning no limit) I don't think the QlikView server will cooperate unless you first set the global settings to blank (or 0), and start assigning std values to all documents for which you want the default 1800 seconds timeout to still apply.

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Peter,

Yes, that's right! It helped me.

Thank you.