Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mydearleo
Contributor II
Contributor II

having problem converting from SQL Date format

Hi all,

recently i have come across with an issue converting SQL date 'yyyy-mm-dd' into qlik 'dd/mm/yyyy'.

first of all, i have to declare that it is not a wide spread issue, i have no problem converting dates and store them into QVD.

it is particularly happening on one of the hundreds of QVDs i ever handled.

the difference i can see from comparing with other working QVDs is that in this particular QVD generation process, i threw in a lot of temp table processing on SQL side. for example, i select data from source SQL table into a tenp table, then manipulate the data and select into another temp table, etc. at the last step, i grab all the data from the final temp table and start formatting the date fields.

i tried, DATE(field), DATE(DATE#(field, 'yyyy-mm-dd')), DATE(DATE#(field,'yyyy-mm-dd'),'dd/mm/yyyy'), and many more, none of them worked, some even converted the dates wrong.

however, if i leave as is, when i read in data from the QVD, and simply put a date() around the fields, it works.

has anyone come across this issue before?

2 Replies
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi,

try to change Format Date in Upper Case Like

YYYY-MM-DD and DD/MM/YYYY

because mm in format date/time is minutes and MM is Months.

Regards,

Antonio

mydearleo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

sorry for the confusion, everything is in upper case, i was just too lazy