Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with Qlick view bookmarks in Nprinting

Hi ,

I am new to Qlik and also to the N printing. I was told that Qlik view bookmarks can be used in N printing , but when I try to do so I am facing lot of issues .  Is it because I have lot of bookmarks ? I am trying to automate  a report which is manually generated as of now.

The report now is in PPT , I am using excel to create the graphs and populating the data using the bookmarks from qlikview and uploading the excel N printing . Is there any other way you suggest I should follow? your help on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please remember to always specify witch version of Qlik NPrinting are you using when you post a question in the community. This will help people to better understand your question and give you the right answer. Thanks.

QlikView bookmarks are supported by Qlik NPrinting 16.* serie and earlier, but they are not supported by Qlik NPrinting 17.* at the moment (June 2017). This support could be added in a future release.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Good day !

Thanks for your reply . I am using 16.2. version of N printing. Mentioned below is the error I receive

"Object reference not set to an instance to the object"

I am not sure if this error is because of bookmark. Can you please help us debug this error. Your reply on this will be highly appreciated . Thanks in advance.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

More details would be handy...

• when did you refresh connection metadata last time?
  • can you screenshot your Bookmark Filter
  • do you have any other filters?
  • what fields is Bookmark filtering?
  • can you screenshot your QlikView app when you apply bookmark (to see what data is left after applying bookmark)
  • where do you apply bookmark filter?
    • does error apear only when you use bookmark filter? - what happens when you do not use bookmark on the same report?

Give us something to worki with,.. as much details as possible.

Errors in NPrinting are not general - they are usually very specific to your environment, application etc.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I completelly agree and I would to suggest you to upgrade to 16.6 if possible so you will benefit of all solved bugs.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Not applicable
Author

Hi guys , Thanks a lot for your replies. One more question I have is -  I want to get trained on N printing and I am looking for class room training , I stay in Bangalore India. Can you suggest me how can I go about it ?

Thanks a lot once again . I really appreciate your help

Regards

Vijai Kumaar

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I investigated with my collegues but, unfortunately, we don't have a classroom training offer in India at the moment.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi Vijay,

Can you ping me  [i stay in banglore ]