cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deec
Creator
Creator

Minimum Rights to set up Nprinting against Qlikview Server

In our large enterprise setup, Qlikview Administration is handled centrally.

As a result, we have limited permissions.

We would like to set up an Nprinting server, to point to the centralized Qlikview Server(s).

I've been reading through the documentation to find the minimum amount of collaboration needed from the central group.

But since nprinting is (in my experience) usually set up in a more collaborative environment, it is hard to find answers about the MINIMUM amount of access rights needed.

Creating connections ‒ Qlik NPrinting states that the qvp address to the document is needed.

I have access to the document through Access Point (The document is published to an LDAP group i belong to)

I have direct access to the QVW through file system

However, the folders containing the QVWs are not "Browsable" (QMC > System > Setup > Folders > "Browsable"), preventing the document from appearing using "Open in Server".

The user we would create to run the nprinting service would have identical rights. Is this enough?

What if we do not have access to the document in the file system? (This is the case with production environment, the above is in DEV)

Is it true that making the nprinting service user part of the Qlikview Administrators group is best practice but not necessary?

Thank you all for any insight into this

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In order to create QVP connection the NPritning service account needs:

• be able to "open in the server" qvw document
  • be able to read/write the qvw file on QlikView server (local admin with elevated rights)
  • if using qvp connection it MUST belong to local administrators AND QlikView Administrator Group

Have a read:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/Create-Co...

User requirements:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accounts.htm

So:

Service Account running all NPrinting services will have to have full access.

Then you can come up with rules and roles for Admins, Developers/SuperUsers,

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.