Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Load issues CSV & QVX

I am trying to take a file, it is a pipe | delimited .dat file and move it from one directory which I cannot access with Qlik.  I can load the file fine as .CSV with pipe delimiters but I was using a process that takes the initial file and saves it to the directory needed for the data load as .QVX file.

The data appears fine when I select it from the data load editor, I insert the script and run the data load and it loads the 8+mm rows of data exactly the same number as the .CSV file.

The dashboards that were created all the data shows as zeros and all the column information is exactly the same.  Am I missing something on the file modifier possibly?

Here is the code from the .CSV:

FROM [lib://X/Y.dat]

(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is '|', no quotes, no eof);

And using QVX file:

FROM [lib://X/Y.qvx]

(qvx);

Do I need delimiters in the .QVX?  Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be required. Try this?

And using QVX file:

FROM [lib://X/Y.qvx]

(qvx, codepage is 1252 1436, embedded labels, delimiter is '|', no quotes, no eof);

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

I think this will be helpful:

QVX File Format Specification

QVX Instructions

QVX Libraries and Examples

whereby quite probably I wouldn't use qvx-files else I would take the native qvd-fileformat which is far more performant and if you really want/need the output readable by other tools I would use txt as fileformat (I'm not sure if a xml-fileformat like the qvx has really benefits against the old-school txt).

- Marcus